[CASE STUDY] Facebook CyberMonday Ad Earns 19X ROI
The Black Friday/Cyber Monday season is so competitive and expensive for Facebook advertising, many small businesses feel like they simply can't compete . . .. . . we're about to bust that myth wide open.
Our client didn't want to tackle complicated Facebook ads on her own (she was busy running the business), so she trusted Maria Peagler Digital to create campaigns leading up to, and including, Cyber Monday 2019.
Our client earned a whopping 19x return on investment (ROI) of over $1,400 on a $77 ad spend during one of the most crowded -- and pricey -- times of the year for social media advertising.
Facebook ads can be daunting, especially during peak holiday times. But done properly, the results can be stellar!
Our client, Cabins of Birch Hollow, offers luxury cabin rentals in the Red River Gorge area of Kentucky. They offer high-end, pet-friendly cabins in a popular location, and our organic social media campaigns have had great results.
The ad campaigns were run for the three days leading up to Cyber Monday, finishing with an ad on Cyber Monday itself. Each day featured a custom image with one of the cabins and the number of days left until Cyber Monday. During the entire run of the campaign, we spent a total of $77. Cabins of Birch Hollow got two bookings from the campaign, resulting in just over $1,400! That is a 19x ROI!
So what made the campaign so successful?
1. Limited Time Offer: We offered our audience a deal they had to take immediate action to get. No waiting, no opportunities to talk themselves out of it. F.O.M.O (Fear of Missing Out) is a real thing, and you can and should use it in your business.
2. Good Images: We used professional-quality images and overlaid them with text, telling the viewer exactly what they needed to know. Large text grabbed their attention and the beautiful cabins piqued their interest.
3. Consistency: On four consecutive days, the audience saw cabin image ads, with overlaid text counting down. It was a constant reminder and kept Cabins of Birch Hollow fresh in their mind, while instilling a sense of urgency motivating them to book a stay before they missed out.
4. Call to Action: Requiring people to pick up their phones to book a cabin weeded out tire-kickers, and focused the ad on those most likely to book a stay.
Facebook ads during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday season are competitive and can be temperamental, but done well, can be profitable. Cabins of Birch Hollow got huge returns from just $77, during their slowest season, while competing with other businesses during the busiest advertising weekend of the year!
What You Should Do Now
- Book a free strategy call with Maria Peagler here.
- Review our other case studies here.
- Read popular articles on our blog.