Why Large-Brand Case Studies Don’t Work for Small Business
If you’ve been staying abreast of how brands use social media, you’ll hear some well-known companies mentioned repeatedly: Dell, Virgin, Starbucks, Ford, Amazon, Zappos and more.
Which is fabulous if you’re a large business: you can take a look at what other mega-brands are doing and simply adapt their strategies to your organization’s style.
But small business is left wondering: “Can I make those same strategies work for me?”
If you listen to the authors of those case studies, they’ll assure you that “Yes! You just scale them for your business!”
Baloney. Those large-brand case studies won’t work for your business. You don’t have the manpower, budget, or agency resources the Coca-Cola’s of the world do.
Small business needs their own case studies. Fortunately, here at SMOC, you’ll get them in abundance. Here are a baker’s dozen to learn from:
Here are the same case studies, in list format:
- How a local solopreneur gets 200% Facebook Reach
- How a small business earned 800 Facebook Fans in just one week (without ads!)
- How a local bakery generates sales from their Facebook business page
- How to turn your Facebook Insights into more fans
- How to turn a neglected blog into a professional website
- How a solo hairstylist got 9 MILLION YouTube views & 68,000 Pinterest followers
- Which social network is best for my business? Video tutorial of a member’s Q&A w/ Maria
- How to create a social media action plan (3-part series)
- How to brand your unique value proposition (12-page blueprint)
- How a successful business owner rebranded herself on LinkedIn
- How to segment email marketing & social media for B2B & B2C clients
- Real estate, authors, local business case studies (SMOC Members)
- Creative professionals case studies (SMOC Members & Instructors)