My Success Story #1: Margaret Travis of Eazy Peazy Quilts
Updated Jan 2013.
I’m featuring SocialMediaOnlineClasses.com student success stories, and we’re starting off with Margaret Travis of Eazy Peazy quilts. Margaret is part of the 3 Billion dollar quilt industry, and she designs accessories – handbags, pincushions, eyeglass cases, and specialty items for those in wheelchairs and walkers.
Margaret began here as a student in Facebook 101, revamping her Facebook page to be colorful, showcasing her beautiful designs, building a community and engaging her Eazy-Peazy fans. She’s built custom tabs to Welcome visitors to her page, and she has a separate tab for her YouTube videos as well.
Margaret focuses her email marketing on B2B, targeting quilt shops, helping them showcase her Eazy Peazy patterns to generate more sales for their shops. In Margaret’s Mastermind Consulting session, we discussed making it easier to for shops to order her patterns by linking directly to distributor webpages offering her products. Amazon has made 1-Click shopping the standard – so I suggested making it as easy as possible for shop owners to buy from her. She also integrates it into her Facebook page, letting people know when a new issue is coming out.
Margaret also took YouTube 101, making an outstanding video showcasing her Twistin’ Diamonds bag. Quilts and quilted accessories, like many products, show up better in video than they do in photographs. In a simple 30-second video, Margaret demos the features of the bag which shows up beautifully in her video!
So where has all this taken Margaret and her Eazy Peazy pattern line?
- Increased her Facebook fans by 700%
- Featured designer at the grand opening of Cottontail Quilts, a new retail quilt shop opening in Kennesaw, Georgia, where she wowed visitors and she sold out of many of her products.
- Featured designer at Quilter’s Warehous
- She’s constantly on the road making guest appearances at local quilt shops. She’s a one-woman boost to the local economy!
- Showchased her patterns at the wholesale spring Quilt Market in Kansas City, where she engaged quilt shop owners and wowed them with her polish and style.
Well done Margaret! I’m proud of your success and that SocialMediaOnlineClasses.com could be part of it.
Want to be showcased here as a student success story? Register for a class on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, or get the best value with an Unlimited Class Pass, and I could be telling your amazing success story here.